Реферирование и индексированиеRussian Science Citation Index
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Harmonization of Iraqi Accounting of Fixed Assets Using the Russian Accounting Standards and IFRS
Importance This article deals with the issues related to Iraqi accounting rules, which do not include an equivalent of Russian PBU 6/01 Accounting for Fixed Assets, and IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment, containing instead just several procedures for organizing the accounting of fixed assets established in the Uniform Accounting System, the Federal Accounting Law of the Republic of Iraq.
Objectives The article aims to substantiate proposals for the harmonization of Iraqi accounting for fixed assets providing a draft national standard for discussion.
Methods We have analyzed the information contained in the regulatory documents (IAS 16, PBU 6/01, Uniform Accounting System of the Republic of Iraq), with a view to comparing the proposed options for accounting for fixed assets, compiling positives and identifying ways of reforming Iraq's accounting for fixed assets.
Results The article demonstrates the need for a national standard for accounting for fixed assets to harmonize the accounting system in Iraq. In order to harmonize Iraqi accounting of fixed assets, we recommend that the draft standard Property, Plant and Equipment (Fixed Assets) presented in the article be used as a new national standard for the Republic of Iraq.
Conclusions and Relevance The proposed draft is close enough to the international accounting practice. However, it focuses on the real possibility of its practical application in the Republic of Iraq.
Ключевые слова: fixed assets, reforming, accounting system regulation
- Mohammad B.A., Zyleva N.V. [Comparative analysis of the Iraqi and Russian accounting standards]. Vestnik Omskogo universiteta. Seriya Ekonomika = Bulletin of Omsk University. Series Economics, 2015, no. 2, pp. 37–47. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sravnitelnyy-analiz-irakskih-i-rossiyskih-standartov-buhgalterskogo-ucheta (In Russ.)
- Al-Thabi J.E., Mohammed I.S. The Impact of the General Level of High Prices on the Valuation of Fixed Assets and Its Reflection on the Profitability of the Organization. The Journal of Administration and Economics, 2006, no. 49, pp. 114–132. URL: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=66137 (In Arabic)
- Sawsan Ahmad Saeed. The Possibility of the Optimal Selection the Method for the Evaluation of Fixed Assets in the Case of Privatization of the General Company of Soft Drinks in the Northern Region. Tanmiat Al-rafidain, 2009, no. 31(96), pp. 273–290. URL: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=57527 (In Arabic)
- Hussein H.H., Bni lam A.H.N. The Role of Fixed Assets in Achieving the Net Profit: An Applied Research on a Sample of Iraqi Private Banks. Al-Mamon College, 2016, no. 28, pp. 94–109. URL: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=118050 (In Arabic)
- Alkarimsalum O.H.A., Hashim H.H. The Accounting Treatment for Fixed Assets in Alouhdataovernmah and Its Impact on the Financial Statements: Empirical Study at the University of Mustansiriya. The Journal of Administration and Economics, 2015, no. 104, pp. 204–221. URL: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=118846 (In Arabic)
- Ali Mal-Allah Abd-Allah. Evaluating of Accounting Procedures of Fixed and Storing Assets in Iraq: Study of Sample of Governmental Units in Ninavah. Tanmiat Al-rafidain, 2009, no. 31(96), pp. 145–166. URL: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=57511 (In Arabic)
- Lech Magdalena, Kamieniecka Małgorzata. Valuation of Tangible Fixed Assets at the Moment of Transition to the IFRS/IAS (based on KGHM JSC.). Human Capital without Borders: Knowledge and Learning for Quality of Life, Management, Knowledge and Learning. International Conference, June 25–27, 2014. Portoroz, Slovenia. URL: http://www.toknowpress.net/ISBN/978-961-6914-09-3/papers/ML14-681.pdf
- Majtánová Anna, Sojková Lívia. Selected Modern Approaches to the Valuation of Fixed Assets for Insurance Purposes. Studia Ekonomiczne, 2014, vol. 183, part 2, pp. 98–109. URL: http://cejsh.icm.edu.pl/cejsh/element/bwmeta1.element.desklight-5dc16791-f4e7-48e4-b147-710bed9a8c75
- Deane Lisa. Valuing Assets. Accountancy Plus, 2011, December, iss. 4, pp. 30–31. URL: http://www.cpaireland.ie/docs/default-source/media-and-publications/accountancy-plus/in-practice/valuing-assets.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- Fixed Assets Valuation Methodology. Municipal Development & Lending Fund. Updated Version, December 2010. URL: http://www.mdlf.org.ps/pdfs/EFixedAssetsValuationMethodologyMarch2011.pdf
- Cole Elizabeth S.R.M. Fixed Assets Depreciation Log. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017, January 26, 132 p.
- Bragg S.M. Fixed Asset Accounting: Fourth Edition. USA, Accountingtools, Inc., 2017, January 8, 252 p.
- Cretu D. Accounting and Tax Treatment of the Fixed Assets. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013, November 15, 124 p.
- Siebert J., Schlagenhauf D. SAP Fixed Assets Accounting (FI-AA). CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2014, March 27, 206 p.
- Druzhilovskaya E.S. [New terminological space in the field of Russian accounting of fixed assets and its correlation with the requirements of IFRS]. Bukhgalter i zakon = Accountant and Law, 2016, no. 1, pp. 2–14. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/novoe-terminologicheskoe-prostranstvo-v-oblasti-rossiyskogo-ucheta-osnovnyh-sredstv-i-ego-sootnoshenie-s-trebovaniyami-msfo (In Russ.)
- Kazakova V. S. [Approaches to the valuation of fixed assets in the accounting on the basis of international practice]. Nauchnyi vzglyad v budushchee, 2016, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 4–8. (In Russ.)
- Novikova A.V., Kudinova E.V. [Problems of valuation of fixed assets in the transformation of financial statements into IFRS format]. Novaya nauka: Sovremennoe sostoyanie i puti razvitiya, 2016, no. 10-1, pp. 127–129. URL: http://www.i-ias.ru/blog/competition_page/problemi_ocenki_osn_sredstv.html (In Russ.)
- Kuznetsova O.N. [The accounting of fixed assets on IFRS in Russia: collision of economic interests]. Sibirskaya finansovaya shkola = Siberian Financial School, 2016, no. 1(114), pp. 104–106. URL: http://journal.safbd.ru/ru/issues/2016-no1-114-yanvar-fevral_article_104-106 (In Russ.)
- Zav'yalova T.V., Gudozhnikova E.V., Vasil'eva E.A. [Comparative analysis of fixed assets accounting in domestic and international practice]. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya = Fundamental Research, 2015, no. 12, pp. 1215–1218. URL: https://fundamental-research.ru/pdf/2015/12-6/39759.pdf (In Russ.)
- Rybalkina I.V., Kosteva N.N. [Accounting for fixed assets under RAS and IFRS]. Innovatsionnaya nauka, 2015, vol. 1, no. 5(5), pp. 252–255. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/uchet-osnovnyh-sredstv-po-rsbu-i-msfo (In Russ.)
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала