Реферирование и индексированиеРИНЦ
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
The Economic Fallout of Exclusion of the Islamic Republic of Iran from the SWIFT International Payment Network
Importance Sanctions, which the USA and EU imposed on Iran in 2012, shattered the economic situation in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Restrictions affected not only the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran and dozens of national commercial banks but also the SWIFT network as the most crucial mechanism of global financial transactions. The article reviews the economic fallout of Iran's disconnection from the SWIFT global payment network.
Objectives The research seeks an alternative method for cross-bank settlements, which would make Iran independent from the SWIFT network.
Methods The research relies upon statistical, comparative and logic methods.
Results The sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran undermines GDP and export of goods, fueled the inflation nationwide and devaluation of the national currency. They also brought more than a half of the Iranian enterprises on the brink of crisis.
Conclusions and Relevance If the Central Bank of Russia modernizes and promotes its financial messaging system, it may turn up a competitive product in the global market of payment processing systems. The combination of the blockchain technology and the Russian developments may attract foreign financial institutions to seek cooperation in banking, lure new customers worldwide and in those environments, which are exposed to the risk of being disconnected from the widely spread and monopolistic payment network.
Ключевые слова: sanctions, banking system, payment system, blockchain
- Sazhin V.I. [The Iran Nuclear Problem: Take-away from 2012]. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 25. Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya i mirovaya politika = MSU Vestnik. Series 25. International Relations and World Politics, 2012, no. 4, pp. 70–96. (In Russ.)
- Khazova E.V. [Legal regime for the national payment system in the Russian Federation: development perspectives]. Aktual'nye problemy rossiiskogo prava = Actual Problems of Russian Law, 2015, no. 8, pp. 71–77. (In Russ.)
- Chernyshov A.S. [Worldwide interbank system SWIFT. Pros and Cons]. Molodoi uchenyi = Young Scientist, 2010, no. 1-2-1, pp. 266–270. (In Russ.)
- Shkvarya L.V., Rusakovich V.I., Lebedeva D.V. [Russia-Iran: The development of cooperation in terms of sanctions]. Upravlenie ekonomicheskimi sistemami: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal, 2014, no. 11, p. 43. (In Russ.) URL: Link-
- Klepikov S.S. [Prospects of Russian-Iranian relations in the context of contemporary international situation]. Istoricheskaya i sotsial'no-obrazovatel'naya mysl' = Historical and Social-Educational Idea, 2017, vol. 9, no. 1-1, pp. 54–58. (In Russ.)
- Tkachenko M.F., Bludova S.N. [Russia and Economic Challenges of the West]. Nauchno-analiticheskii zhurnal Obozrevatel' = Scientific-Analytical Journal Observer, 2015, no. 12, pp. 84–93. (In Russ.)
- Salitskii A.I., Sin' Ch., Yurtaev V.I. [Sanctions and substitution of imports: Evidence from Iran and China]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi akademii nauk = Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2017, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 263–271. (In Russ.)
- Zernova L.E., Farzanian M. [Russia and Iran: Impact of Sanctions on the Banking System of the Country]. Innovatsionnaya nauka = Innovative Science, 2015, vol. 1, no. 1-2, pp. 127–131. (In Russ.)
- Kolyushenko N.F. [Trade finance: Where will the ban on food imports into Russia lead?]. Mezhdunarodnye bankovskie operatsii = International Banking Operations, 2014, no. 3, pp. 16–21. (In Russ.)
- Glushchenko G.I. [Hawala – Vestige of Past at Service of Globalization]. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya = World Economy and International Relations, 2004, no. 5, pp. 18–26. (In Russ.)
- Chasovskikh V.P., Labunets V.G., Voronov M.P. [Blockchain technology (blockchain) in education of universities and the digital economy]. Eko-Potentsial, 2017, no. 2, pp. 99–105. (In Russ.)
- Sukhanov E.E., Shtang K.S., Aleshko R.A. [The Blockchain Technology: Challenges, Constraints, Options for Improving]. Sinergiya nauk, 2017, no. 14, pp. 540–546. (In Russ.) URL: Link
- Babkin A.V., Burkal'tseva D.D., Pshenichnikov V.V., Tyulin A.S. [Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology in digital economy: development genesis]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki = Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University Journal. Economics, 2017, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 9–22. (In Russ.)
- Vladimirova L.V. [Perspectives of applying blockchain technology]. Fundamental'nye i prikladnye issledovaniya v sovremennom mire, 2017, no. 18-1, pp. 91–93. (In Russ.)
- Pryanikov M.M., Chugunov A.V. [Blockchain as the Communication Basis for the Digital Economy Development: Advantages and Problems]. International Journal of Open Information Technologies, 2017, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 49–55. (In Russ.)
- Pil'shchikov Yu.S. [Financial relations of BRICS countries: Present state and prospects]. Regional'naya ekonomika i upravlenie: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal, 2017, no. 1-3, pp. 454–467. (In Russ.) URL: Link
- Kozyrev N.I. [Iranian economy: Yesterday, today, tomorrow]. Vestnik diplomaticheskoi akademii MID Rossii, 2016, no. 2, pp. 129–147. (In Russ.)
- Odnokoz V.G. [The role of the Central Bank in the payment system functioning in Russia]. Problemy ekonomiki i menedzhmenta = Problems of Economics and Management, 2014, no. 11, pp. 44–47. (In Russ.)
- Kapustin F.A. [Information security and data protection in modern society]. Aktual'nye problemy aviatsii i kosmonavtiki, 2016, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 56–58. (In Russ.)
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала