Реферирование и индексированиеРИНЦ
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Modeling the Efficiency of Investment in Agricultural Business
Keleinikova S.V. Saransk Institute of Cooperation, Branch of Russian University of Cooperation, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russian Federation
Importance The article discusses how agricultural business can be made more lucrative for investors since there are not appropriate mechanisms to support investment decision-making. Financial measures are not enough to stimulate investing activities of agricultural producers, while the organizational and economic mechanism for creating the favorable investment climate got outdated. Key investment maneuvers are intended to find appropriate ways for outlining a strategy.
Objectives The research systematizes available research tools to evaluate the efficiency of investment, substantiate and devise strategic models for supporting investment decisions in agricultural business.
Methods The research is based on a financial management technique to evaluate the Economic Value Added (EVA) in agricultural business. We supplemented the technique with respective econometric models for measuring the efficiency of investment.
Results The research presents our model showing how the yield spread functionally depends on capital invested in agricultural business. We refer to the Penza oblast to perform all model and analytical computations, which reveal the existing motivation for capital investment and potential for raising the efficiency of agricultural investment.
Conclusions and Relevance There should be tools to substantiate the efficiency of possible investment and visualize the return on investment in the agricultural business so that the agricultural policy could be properly adjusted.
Ключевые слова: agricultural business, investment attractiveness, Economic Value Added, WACC, yield spread
- Bespakhotnyi G.V. [Planning in Agriculture – Scientific Support]. Ekonomika sel'skokhozyaistvennykh i pererabatyvayushchikh predpriyatii = Economy of Agricultural and Processing Enterprises, 2017, no. 10, pp. 8–12. (In Russ.)
- Anastassiadis F., Liebe U., Mußhoff O. Financial Flexibility in Agricultural Investment Decisions: A Discrete Choice Experiment. Agricultural Economics Review, 2015, vol. 16, iss. 1, pp. 47–58.
- Samygin D.Yu., Baryshnikov N.G., Mizyurkina L.A. [Design Model for the Development of Agrarian Economy: Food Aspect]. Economy of Region, 2017, vol. 13, iss. 2, pp. 591–603. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Cordeiro J.J., Kent D.D. Jr. Do EVA™ Adopters Outperform Their Industry Peers? Evidence from Security Analyst Earnings Forecasts. American Business Review, 2001, June, pp. 57–63. URL: Link
- Dahl W.A., Dobson W.D. An Analysis of Alternative Financing Strategies and Equity Retirement Plans for Farm Supply Cooperatives. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 1976, vol. 58, iss. 2, pp. 198–208. URL: Link
- Gamba A., Triantis A. The Value of Financial Flexibility. The Journal of Finance, 2008, vol. 63, iss. 5, pp. 2263–2296.
- Jahangir A., Darron W., Gizelle W. The Value of Financial Advice: An Analysis of the Investment Performance of Advised and Non-advised Individual Investors. Investment Analysts Journal, 2016, vol. 45, iss. Sup1, pp. 63–74. URL: Link
- Marchica M.T., Mura R. Financial Flexibility, Investment Ability and Firm Value: Evidence from Firms with Spare Debt Capacity. Financial Management, 2010, vol. 39, iss. 4, pp. 1339–1365. URL: Link
- Samygin D.Yu., Baryshnikov N.G. Strategy of Support of Agrarian Business. Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, Lulu Press, 2017, 156 p.
- Sillano M., Ortúzar J. Willingness-to-Pay Estimation with Mixed Logit Models: Some New Evidence. Environment and Planning A, 2005, no. 37, pp. 525–550. URL: Link
- Wang Y.-C. The Optimal Capital Structure in Agricultural Cooperatives under the Revolving Fund Cycles. Agricultural Economics (Czech), 2016, vol. 62, iss. 1, pp. 45–50. URL: Link
- Filimonova N.G., Ozerova M.G., Ermakova I.N. Distinctions of the Crowdfunding Model in Agriculture. Digest Finance, 2018, vol. 23, iss. 1, pp. 98–107. URL: Link
- Mollick E. The Dynamics of Crowdfunding: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Business Venturing, 2014, vol. 29, iss. 1, pp. 1–16. URL: Link
- Perova V.I., Korchemnyi P.V. [Neural simulation of behavior pattern of Russian agriculture development]. Ekonomicheskii analiz: teoriya i praktika = Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice, 2018, vol. 17, iss. 2, pp. 379–396. (In Russ.) URL: Link
- Myakshin V.N. A Study into Structural Effects of Mutual Investment Induction in Sectoral Economic Systems. Digest Finance, 2017, vol. 22, iss. 3, pp. 274–285. URL: Link
- Ji S., Lim S.S. An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Agricultural Official Development Assistance. Agricultural Economics (Czech), 2018, vol. 64, iss. 5, pp. 206–215. URL: Link
- Ankarhem M., Daunfeldt S., Quoreshi S. et al. Do Regional Investment Grants Improve Firm Performance? Evidence from Sweden. Technology and Investment, 2010, vol. 1, iss. 3, pp. 221–227. URL: Link
- Bergström F. Capital Subsidies and the Performance of Firms. Small Business Economics, 2000, vol. 14, iss. 3, pp. 183–193. URL: Link
- Harris R., Trainor M. Capital Subsidies and Their Impact on Total Factor Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence from Northern Ireland. Journal of Regional Science, 2005, vol. 45, iss. 1, pp. 49–74. URL: Link
- Mezera J., Špička J. Economic Effects of Investment Support of Adding Value to Food Products. Agris On-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, 2013, no. 5, pp. 39–49. URL: Link
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала