Реферирование и индексированиеRussian Science Citation Index
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Analyzing the Impact of Various Economic Metrics on Yield Spreads of the Russian Ruble-Denominated Corporate Bonds
Importance In this research, I analyze the impact of various economic metrics on yield spreads of the Russian ruble-denominated corporate bonds. The sample includes data from January 1, 2007 through December 31, 2016.
Objectives The research is aimed to build econometric models for explaining which indicators the yield spread of the Russian ruble-denominated corporate bonds depends on. I also evaluate the economic significance of the impact the indicators have.
Methods I conducted a graphic analysis, selected and set the best econometric models, which are assessed through the least square method. The article also presents the economic significance of the impact that variables have on yield spreads of corporate bonds, and interprets their substance.
Results The article outlines two econometric models. The first one is not configured to any structural (temporary) bends, while the second one is designed in line with them.
Conclusions and Relevance Some variables are found to have a different impact depending on an economic period. Variables, which are specific to a certain issue of bonds and entity, demonstrate a greater impact on yield spreads in comparison with the other ones.
Ключевые слова: corporate bonds, yield spread, Ruble bonds, Russian bond market, bond market
- Militskova T.M. [The impact of specific determinants on corporate bond yield spreads]. Korporativnye finansy = Corporate Finance, 2013, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 46–63. (In Russ.)
- Cenesizoglu T., Essid B. The Effect of Monetary Policy on Credit Spreads. The Journal of Financial Research, 2012, vol. 35, iss. 4, pp. 581–613.
- Krishnamurthy A., Vissing-Jorgensen A. The Aggregate Demand for Treasury Debt. Journal of Political Economy, 2012, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 233–267. URL: Link
- Reilly F.K., Wright D.J., Gentry J.A. An Analysis of Credit Risk Spreads for High Yield Bonds. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 2010, vol. 35, iss. 2, pp. 179–205. URL: Link
- Matsui K. Accounting Year-End Dispersion and Seasonality in the Japanese Corporate Bond Market. Applied Economics, 2011, vol. 43, iss. 26, pp. 3733–3744.
- Hong Y., Lin H., Wu C. Are Corporate Bond Market Returns Predictable? Journal of Banking and Finance, 2012, vol. 36, iss. 8, pp. 2216–2232. URL: Link
- Hibbert A.M., Pavlova I., Barber J., Dandapani K. Credit Spread Changes and Equity Volatility: Evidence from Daily Data. The Financial Review, 2011, vol. 46, iss. 3, pp. 357–383. URL: Link
- Shaw K. CEO Incentives and the Cost of Debt. Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting, 2012, vol. 38, iss. 3, pp. 323–346.
- Huang H.H., Huang H.-Y., Oxman J. Stock Liquidity and Corporate Bond Yield Spreads: Theory and Evidence. The Journal of Financial Research, 2015, vol. 38, iss. 1, pp. 59–91. URL: Link
- Yap Chee Jin, Ganon G. Announcement Effect on the Credit Spreads of US Dollar Malaysian Bonds. Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets & Policies, 2011, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 449–484. URL: Link
- Elliott J., Ghosh A., Moon D. Asymmetric Valuation of Sustained Growth by Bond- and Equity-holders. Review of Accounting Studies, 2010, vol. 15, iss. 4, pp. 833–878.
- Chen T.-K., Liao H.-H., Huang H.-C. Macroeconomic Risks of Supply Chain Counterparties and Corporate Bond Yield Spreads. Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting, 2014, vol. 43, iss. 3, pp. 463–481. URL: Link
- Kecskés A., Mansi S.A., Zhang A. (Jianzhong). Are Short Sellers Informed? Evidence from the Bond Market. The Accounting Review, 2013, vol. 88, iss. 2, pp. 611–639. URL: Link
- Mansi S.A., Maxwell W.F., Miller D.P. Analyst Forecast Characteristics and the Cost of Debt. Review of Accounting Studies, 2011, vol. 16, iss. 1, pp. 116–142.
- Chuluun T., Prevost A., Puthenpurackal J. Board Ties and the Cost of Corporate Debt. Financial Management, 2014, vol. 43, iss. 3, pp. 533–568. URL: Link
- Nashikkar A., Subrahmanyam M.G., Mahanti S. Liquidity and Arbitrage in the Market for Credit Risk. Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis, 2011, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 627–656.
- Chiou C.-L., Hung M.-W., Shu P.-G. Foreign Direct Investment in Emerging Markets: Bondholders' Perspective. Emerging Markets Finance & Trade, 2013, vol. 49, iss. S4, pp. 5–16.
- Tsung-Kang Chen, Yi-Ping Liao. The Economic Consequences of Disclosure Quality under SFAS No. 131. Accounting Horizons, 2015, vol. 29, iss. 1, pp. 1–22. URL: Link
- Gopalan R., Song F., Yerramilli V. Debt Maturity Structure and Credit Quality. Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis, 2014, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 817–842. URL: Link
- Shuto A., Kitagawa N. The Effect of Managerial Ownership on the Cost of Debt: Evidence from Japan. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 2011, vol. 26, iss. 3, pp. 590–620. URL: Link
- Venkiteshwaran V. Are Underrated Bonds Underpriced? Biased Ratings and Corporate Bond Pricing. Banking & Finance Review, 2013, vol. 5, iss. 1, pp. 77–89.
- Batta G., Ganguly A., Rosett J. Financial Statement Recasting and Credit Risk Assessment. Accounting & Finance, 2014, vol. 54, iss. 1, pp. 47–82. URL: Link
- Michayluk D., Zhao R. Stock Splits and Bond Yields: Isolating the Signaling Hypothesis. The Financial Review, 2010, vol. 45, iss. 2, pp. 375–386. URL: Link
- Han S., Moore W., Shin Y., Yi S. Unsolicited versus Solicited: Credit Ratings and Bond Yields. Journal of Financial Services Research, 2013, vol. 43, iss. 3, pp. 293–319. URL: Link
- Blankespoor E., Linsmeier T.J., Petroni K.R., Shakespeare C. Fair Value Accounting for Financial Instruments: Does It Improve the Association between Bank Leverage and Credit Risk? Accounting Review, 2013, vol. 88, iss. 4, pp. 1143–1177. URL: Link
- Ambrose B.W., Cheng Y., Dolly King T.-H. The Financial Crisis and Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program: Their Impact on Fixed-Income Markets. Journal of Fixed Income, 2013, vol. 23, iss. 2, pp. 5–26. URL: Link
- Cai K. Effect of Being a Fallen Angel on Bond Ratings and Yields. Journal of Trading, 2013, vol. 8, iss. 2, pp. 7–13. URL: Link
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала