Реферирование и индексированиеРИНЦ
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Reintroduction of Gold into the Financial System: Trends and Drivers
Subject The research is intended to examine the growing importance of gold during the economic instability in the financial markets.
Objectives The research is to study whether gold can be reintroduced into the financial system. We analyze trends and drivers in the domestic and global gold markets.
Methods The methodological underpinning comprises objective principles of a systems approach, economic analysis, logic and comprehensive approach to evaluating economic phenomena and processes.
Results Gold was found to become more popular not only from investment perspectives. Gold evidently regains the reputation of a monetary metal. Central banks sold gold from their exchange reserves until 2009. However, in 2019 they formed the demand, buying gold. The instability of the global financial system makes countries holding gold reserves abroad repatriate them.
Conclusions and Relevance Resting on the hegemony of the U.S. dollar, the global financial system perishes, paving the way to coming changes. It includes various options of the monetary circulation involving gold.
Ключевые слова: gold, investment, gold exchange reserve
- Loginov E.L., Lukin V.K., Loginova V.E. [Combined gold and foreign currency transactions in global financial markets: a new USD strategy of the United States]. Finansovaya analitika: problemy i resheniya = Financial Analytics: Science and Experience, 2015, no. 17, pp. 2–10. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Parshina L.N. [The role of gold in reserves of countries]. Finansy i kredit = Finance and Credit, 2016, no. 23, pp. 2–8. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Borisovich V.T., Gaganov S.Yu. [Investment entity of gold as a basis for efficiency gold mining]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Geologiya i razvedka = Proceedings of Higher Schools. Geology and Exploration, 2015, no. 3, pp. 73–79. (In Russ.)
- Kuznetsov V.S. [Would a gold standard help the Russian ruble to become a reserve currency]. Vestnik MGIMO-Universiteta, 2011, no. 1, pp. 207–211. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Kombarov M.S. Vozvrat mirovoi valyutnoi sistemy k klassicheskomu zolotomu standartu v roli edinoi mirovoi valyuty [The return of the global monetary system to the classic gold standard as a single world currency]. Almaty, 2012, 30 p. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Borisov S.M. Mirovoi rynok zolota na sovremennom etape [World market of Gold]. Moscow, IMEMO RAS Publ., 2005, 221 p.
- Gaganov S.Yu. [Research of demand for gold as a tool of influence on the national economics]. Rossiiskoe predprinimatel'stvo = Journal of Russian Entrepreneurship, 2014, vol. 15, iss. 7, pp. 10–25. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Grinspen A. The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World. London, The Penguin Press, 2015, 520 p.
- Hankel W., Isaak R. The Brave New World Economy: Global Finance Threatens Our Future. Hoboken, New Jersey, John Wiley & Sons, 2011, 270 p.
- Levin J.E., Wright E.R. Short-run and Long-run Determinants of the Price of Gold. Research Study No. 32. London, World Gold Council, 2006, 64 p. URL: Link
- Mitchell D.B. Dismantling the Cross of Gold: Economic Crises and U.S. Monetary Policy. North American Journal of Economics & Finance, 2000, vol. 11, iss. 1, pp. 77–104.
- Smith M.L. A Monetary Explanation of Distribution in a Gold Money Economy. University of Sydney, School of Economics Working Papers – Economics, 1995, no. 223. URL: Link
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала