Реферирование и индексированиеРИНЦ
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Regional Banks & FinTech: A Standoff or Partnership?
Subject The rise of innovative financial technology and blockchain intensified debates about refocusing the financial market’s needs and FinTechs substituting traditional banks. The competition for clients moved to the digital level. Traditional banks are forecasted to step down gradually. Major banks announced changes in their business models to establish the partnership relations with fintech companies and surround themselves with the ecosystem of services. However, Russia has still been waiting for the technological boom. Considering limited financial resources, regional banks need to look for new aspects for cooperating with fintech companies.
Objectives The research analyzed the existing situation in the banking market in terms of the competition of credit institutions with fintech companies. I study what opportunities regional banks have to reshape their business models and set partnership relations with fintech companies.
Methods The research relies upon methods of expert assessment and generalization.
Results Currently, regional banks have no financial resources and technological capabilities to compete with fintech companies. The cooperation strategy may help them survive in the situation.
Conclusions and Relevance Regional banks should not stick to each aspect of FinTech development, but rather focus on the expansion and customization of the customer services, delivery of tailor-made solutions and recommendations through various communication means.
Ключевые слова: regional bank, financial technology, FinTech
- Vigna P., Casey M.J. Epokha kriptovalyut. Kak bitkoin i blokchein menyayut mirovoi ekonomicheskii poryadok [The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order]. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov i Ferber Publ., 2018, 432 p.
- Rickards J. Zolotoi zapas. Pochemu zoloto, a ne bitkoiny – valyuta XXI veka? [The New Case for Gold]. Moscow, Eksmo Publ., 2017, 192 p.
- Swan M. Blokchein. Skhema novoi ekonomiki [Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy]. Moscow, Olimp-Biznes Publ., 2017, 240 p.
- Chishti S., Barberis J. Fintekh: Putevoditel' po noveishim finansovym tekhnologiyam [The FINTECH Book: The Financial Technology Handbook for Investors, Entrepreneurs and Visionaries]. Moscow, Al'pina Pablisher Publ., 2017, 676 p.
- Morozko N.I., Didenko V.Yu. Osnovnye trendy razvitiya industrii finansovykh tekhnologii: monografiya [The main trends in the development of the financial technology industry: a monograph]. Moscow, Rusains Publ., 2017, 176 p.
- Pertseva S.Yu., Kopylov D.A. [The Basics of Fintech Industry and Implementation of Its Principles in the Case of Payments and Transfers Segment]. Problemy natsional'noi strategii = Problems of National Strategy, 2018, no. 4, pp. 186–195. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Bakhareva A.A. [Prospects for the development of the banking sector in the context of the introduction of modern financial technologies]. Simvol nauki, 2017, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 12–14. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Maslennikov V.V., Fedotova M.A., Sorokin A.N. [New financial technologies change our world]. Vestnik Finansovogo universiteta = Finance: Theory and Practice, 2017, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 6–11. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Sinkey J.F. Finansovyi menedzhment v kommercheskom banke i v industrii finansovykh uslug [Commercial Bank Financial Management in the Financial Services Industry]. Moscow, Al'pina Pablisher Publ., 2017, 1018 p.
- Milovidov V.D. [Big Data in the capital market: is there an advent of a new age of financial services?]. Strakhovoe delo = Insurance Business, 2016, no. 10, pp. 11–20. (In Russ.)
- Milovidov V.D. [Information Asymmetry and Big Data: Should Financial Market Paradigm Be Revised?]. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya = World Economy and International Relations, 2017, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 5–14. (In Russ.) URL: Link
- Milovidov V.D. Filosofiya finansovogo rynka [Philosophy of the financial market]. Moscow, Magistr Publ., 2013, 272 p.
- Pertseva S.Yu. [FINTECH: Mechanism of Function]. Innovatsii v menedzhmente = Innovations in Management, 2017, no. 12, pp. 50–53. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Pogosyan A.M. [Innovative payment instruments in the digital economy]. Nauchnye zapiski molodykh issledovatelei = Scientific Notes of Young Scientists, 2017, no. 3, pp. 63–67. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Dorokhin N.E. [Forming an institutional model for alternative financing]. Ekonomika: vchera, segodnya, zavtra = Economics: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, 2018, vol. 8, no. 2A, pp. 139–146. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Usoskin V.M., Belousova V.Yu., Kozyr' I.O. [Financial Intermediation in a New Technology Environment]. Den'gi i kredit = Russian Journal of Money and Finance, 2017, no. 5, pp. 14–21. (In Russ.)
- Nikitina T.V., Nikitin M.A., Gal'per M.A. [The role of FINTECH segment companies and its place on the financial market of Russia]. Izvestiya sankt-peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of Saint Petersburg State University of Economics, 2017, no. 1-2, pp. 45–48. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Ruchkina G.F. [Banking activity: transfer to new operation model or FINTECH as new reality]. Bankovskoe pravo = Banking Law, 2017, no. 4, pp. 55–62. (In Russ.)
- Doerig Hans-Ulrih. Universal'nyi bank – bank budushchego. Finansovaya strategiya na rubezhe veka [Universal Bank – The Bank of the Future. Financial Strategy at the Turn of the Century]. Moscow, Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya Publ., 1999, 384 p.
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала