Реферирование и индексированиеРИНЦ
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
VAT Reform and Taxation of the Construction Sector
Subject The article discusses the taxation specifics of entities in the construction sector, tax burden and financial results under various taxation treatment and costs, impact of tax law imperfections on financial results teetering on the edge of general and special tax treatment.
Objectives The research aims to set an effective taxation system stimulating the economic growth, raising the revenue of the budgetary system, involve business entities operating in the construction sector into the scope of the applicable law.
Methods The research applies general scientific approaches and methods.
Results I examined the imperfection of VAT laws as the main cause of informal financial schemes used in the construction sector. Considering the estimated tax burden of construction entities and respective costs under different tax treatment, I point out that the general tax treatment implies the high tax burden. As small businesses opt for the simplified tax treatment, their production costs increase since VAT paid for resource acquisition is not refunded but charged to cost. Furthermore, being sold to entities subject to the general tax treatment, goods (work, services) of entities subject to the simplified tax treatment can be delivered at the price reduced by the VAT rate. This has a detrimental effect on financial results and engenders tax evading schemes.
Conclusions and Relevance In the construction sector, entities have a high level of tax burden, which strongly depends on a tax treatment. This contravenes principles of equality, neutrality, fairness and proportionality of taxation. There should be new fiscal treatment mechanisms to fit the construction specifics.
Ключевые слова: general tax regime, simplified taxation system, tax harmonization, value added tax
- Davletshin T.G. [Neutrality of VAT and harmonization of tax regimes]. Nalogovyi Vestnik = Tax Bulletin, 2015, no. 10, pp. 64–67. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Sinel'nikov S., Zolotareva A., Shkrebela E. et al. Problemy nalogovoi sistemy Rossii: teoriya, opyt, reforma [Problems of Russia's tax system: Theory, experience, reform]. Moscow, Gaidar Institute Publ., 2000, 1106 p.
- Tufetulov A.M., Davletshin T.G., Salmina S.V. [Analyzing the influence of special regimes on financial results of small businesses]. Nalogovyi vestnik = Tax Bulletin, 2014, no. 10, pp. 44–50. (In Russ.)
- Kazakova M., Knobel' A., Sokolov I. Kachestvo administrirovaniya NDS v stranakh OESR i Rossii. Reformirovanie rossiiskoi sistemy vzimaniya naloga [Quality of VAT administration in OECD member countries and Russia. Reform of the Russian system of taxation]. Moscow, Gaidar Institute Publ., 2010, 128 p.
- Kashirina M.V. [The Specifics of Taxation in the Construction Field]. Ekonomika. Nalogi. Pravo = Economics, Taxes, and Law, 2015, no. 3, pp. 135–140. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Panskov V.G. [The tax burden in the Russian tax system]. Finansy = Finance, 1998, no. 11, pp. 17–25. (In Russ.)
- Troshin A.V. [Comparative analysis of methods for determining the tax burden on enterprises]. Finansy = Finance, 2000, no. 5, pp. 44–54. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Panskov V.G. [Problems of value added tax]. Nalogovyi Vestnik = Tax Bulletin, 2003, no. 5, pp. 31–33. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Gurvich E.T., Suslina A.L. [Tax Collection Trends in Russia: Macroeconomic Approach]. Finansovyi zhurnal = Financial Journal, 2015, no. 4, pp. 22–33. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Shelkunov A.D. [Principle of neutrality of VAT and approaches of court practice]. Zakon = Law, 2014, no. 4, pp. 159–164. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Panskov V.G. [Possible ways to solve the problem of illegal compensation of VAT]. Finansy = Finance, 2011, no. 8, pp. 37–42. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Ruchkina G.F., Terekhova E.V. [General and controversial aspects of legal regulation of the value added tax]. Yuridicheskii mir = Juridical World, 2014, no. 1, pp. 44–50. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Zozulya O.A. [The charter of artel as a form of legal regulation of traditional handicraft production in Russia in the early 20th century]. Vestnik Rossiiskogo universiteta druzhby narodov. Seriya: Yuridicheskie nauki = RUDN Journal of Law, 2012, no. 4, pp. 24–30. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Drozdova N.P. [Russian artel as an organizational form of production in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries: A neo-institutional approach]. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Menedzhment = Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Management, 2016, no. 2, pp. 62–77. (In Russ.) URL: Link
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала